Thursday, 20 March 2014

Metrolink


Its been quite some time since I have spent any time in the shed at the bottom of the garden. My creative den ! But after a recent trip on a Metrolink from Oldham to Manchester, I was curious as to how hard modelling said vehicle would be.

After a few weeks of pondering how to overcome some of the technical issues I decided the best way was just to get stuck. There are no plans that I can find, but the internet did yield some overall dimensions and the picture at the top of the page. After studying lots of photographs I came to the conclusion this side view was good enough to work from and printed it at the finished size that I wanted.

Armed with a bottle of solvent weld, several thickness's of plastic sheet, a knife and steel rule I set to work.

The chassis and frame for one half

Chassis and frame for both halves.. McD's cup gives idea of size !

First piece of side cladding tested

More cladding and roof line added

First unit starting to take shape

From the rear end of unit one


More to follow .....



1 comment:

Duckie. said...

Nice to see you back at the modelling, missed watching your modelling skills.
Duckie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...